The Recreational stream is offered to those who want to experience the FUN of gymnastics.
The main focus is to introduce girls and women to this wonderful and graceful sport.
All classes incorporate a small introduction to ballet, warm-up, stretching and light acrobatics. Each week we focus on a different apparatus (ball, hoop, rope, ribbon, and scarves) and teach the gymnasts the basic foundations of manipulation (throwing, rolling, and skipping) as well as gymnastics-specific skills and tricks.
Our recreational gymnasts perform at two shows - the Winter Show and the Year End show - for which they learn unique choreographies, mastering the skills they have learned throughout the session.
Classes are from 45min to 1hr per week, and are divided based on the age of gymnasts. We focus on the Active Start 4 Life program as well as Long-Term Athlete Development.
Every session has a special highlight:
Fall Session - "Bring A Friend Week" Oct 7-12 & the Winter Show on Dec. 7
Winter Session - "Bring A Parent Week" Feb 3-8 & PRISM Report Cards & Pins
Spring Session - "Bring A Parent Week" May 4-9 & the Year End Show on June 13
Brander Gardens (Riverbend)
14865 56 Ave NW, Edmonton
Constable Daniel Woodall School (Windermere)
315 Windermere Rd NW, Edmonton
Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre (Terwillegar)
2051 Leger Rd NW, Edmonton
St. John XXIII (Windermere)
365 Windermere Rd NW, Edmonton
St. Thomas Aquinas School (Chappelle/Allard)
420 Desrochers Blvd SW, Edmonton
Westbrook School (Westbrook)
11915 40 Ave NW, Edmonton
What to wear:
Recreational Gymnasts wear a Leotard:
3-4, 4-5 class: Light-pink short-sleeve
- Any dancewear store or Walmart, Superstore
4-6, and older classes: Royal-blue Mondor long-sleeve (style 40097, 41097)
- On Stage - 10004 79 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T6E 1R5 (780) 432-7998
- Adajio - 15379 Castle Downs Rd NW, Edmonton, AB T5X 3Y7 (780) 457-0006
Legs: Bare legs for shows. For classes may wear black leggings or shorts.
Feet: Rhythmic Gymnastics half-slippers or bare feet.
Hair: Neat. Long hair tied in a bun, ponytail or braids. Hair should not fall into eyes or face.
No dangling jewellery, No gum, No shoes.
Recreational 2019-2020 Schedule & Fees
Recreational 2019-2020 Terms & Conditions
1. Programs run for 35-40* weeks from September to June in three sessions:
Fall Session: September 9- December 7
Winter Session: January 4 - March 21
Spring Session: March 30 - June 13
A gymnast may register for all sessions or just seasonally.The number of weeks depends on the weekday of the class is held and corresponding holidays.
2. Session Fees include class costs, show costs and show costumes.
3. Gymnast must be the minimum age within one month of the class start date for all programs. Any exceptions must be approved by the Head Coach.
4. Minimum class size is 8, maximum 16 gymnasts. Junior coaches are provided for larger classes. Classes and coaches are subject to change due to registration numbers and coaching availability.
5. Registration Fee - $45.00/year/family (non-refundable) includes registration with RG Alberta and RG Canada. This fee is not refundable. This is not included in the session fees.
6. Payment plan: Total payment in one cheque or three post-dated cheques to be dated Sept 1/19; Jan 1/20; April 1/20 and must be submitted with Registration Form (online or paper) and $45.00 Registration Fee. Please, make cheques payable to ERGC. All cheques and forms must be submitted by the first class.
7. There is NO FUNDRAISING OBLIGATION in the Competitive Program, apart from supplying 2 shifts per gymnast for each bi-annual Casino. 2021-21 is a Casino year. The Casino will take place in Fall 2021. For Casino years:
- For any shifts that are filled by recreational families, each shift will give a $50 credit towards the gymnast's upcoming session fees. Contact email@example.com if you would like to volunteer for the Casino.
8. Session Fees (Fall, Winter, Spring) must be paid in full. Cancellation prior to session start date will be given a refund of the session cost.
Cancellation prior to the third class will be given a refund for remaining classes in session.
No refund will be given after the start of the third class. No make up classes are allowed.
9. Participation will NOT be allowed without accepted registration form and fees.
10. Using carpets for recreational classes are a privilege. All families are expected to participate to help roll out and roll up carpets before and after classes.
11. Written notice of termination must be received two (2) weeks prior to the beginning of the following session. No refund will be made for missed classes.
12. Absolutely No Parents, Friends or Family members are allowed in the gym during training time. There will be special announced "Open Classes" where friends and family will be able to sit in during the class.
13. Proper attire is MANDATORY for all training, shows and competitions and must be acquired and worn by the 2nd class in the session.