Experience the FUN of Rhythmic Gymnastics! We introduce children to this wonderful and graceful Olympic sport through weekly classes in 4 Sessions throughout the year (Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer). You can register for just one session or for the whole year! The number of weeks in a Session depends on the weekday the class is held and the corresponding holidays. Sessions are independent from each other but can also build upon each other throughout the Season.
All 45min, 55min, and 70min weekly classes incorporate:
- intro to ballet
- coordination practice
- light acrobatics (cartwheels, somersaults, etc.)
- Rhythmic Gymnastics hand-apparatus (balls, hoops, ropes, ribbons, and scarves) for both basic object manipulation and gymnastics-specific skills!
- We focus on the Active Start 4 Life program as well as Long-Term Athlete Development.
- Fall Session (Sep-Dec): Bring A Friend Week, 1 Open Class, Performance at annual Winter Show
- Winter Session (Jan-Mar): Bring A Parent Week, 1 Open Class, Progress Reports
- Spring Session (Apr-Jun): Bring A Parent Week, 1 Open Class, Performance at annual Year End Show
- Instruction for all classes
- Equipment used during the class
- Performance in the Winter and Year End Show (Fall and Spring Sessions)
- Show Costumes
- Progress reports (Winter Sessions).
- Registration & insurance with Rhythmic Gymnastics Alberta & Gymnastics Canada.
- There is no Fundraising obligation
What's Not Included:
- Gymnasts' personal attire (as described in "Gymnast Checklist")
Gymnast Checklist (for All Recreational Classes):
- Attire for Class: Royal-blue OR Black long-sleeve leotard ("Mondor" style 40097, 41097, or similar) (available at On Stage, Adajio, All4Dance). Leggings optional.
- Feet: Rhythmic Gymnastics half-slippers, grippy socks or bare feet.
- Hair: Pulled back and secured away from the face (ponytail, bun, etc.).
- Bring: Yoga Mat & Filled water bottle
- No dangling jewelry. No Gum. No Shoes.