Recreational 2019-2020 Terms & Conditions
1. Program Schedule: Programs typically run for 35-40* weeks from September to June in three sessions:
Fall Session: September 9 - December 7
Winter Session: January 4 - March 21
Spring Session: March 30 - June 13
A gymnast may register for all sessions or just seasonally.The number of weeks depends on the weekday of the class is held and corresponding holidays.
*Exception: Online classes held due to covid-19 pandemic are run on a month-to-month basis.
2. Session Fees: Session Fees for in-gym classes include class costs, show costs and show costumes. Session Fees for online classes include only class costs.
3. Age Restrictions: The gymnast must be the minimum age within one month of the class start date for all programs. Any exceptions must be approved by the Head Coach.
4. Class Sizes: For in-gym classes, minimum class size is 8, maximum 16 gymnasts. Junior coaches are provided for larger classes. Classes and coaches are subject to change due to registration numbers and coaching availability.
5. Registration Fee: $45.00/year/family (non-refundable) includes registration with RG Alberta and RG Canada. This fee is not refundable. This is not included in the session fees. **For gymnasts participating in online classes only, registration fee is reduced to $10.00**
6. Payment plan: Total payment of annual registration fee ($45 in-gym, or $10 online-only) AND class fee must be submitted PRIOR to participation. Fees must be submitted by e-transfer to email@example.com.
7. Fundraising: There is NO FUNDRAISING OBLIGATION in the Competitive Program, apart from supplying 2 shifts per gymnast for each bi-annual Casino. 2021-21 is a Casino year. The Casino will take place in Fall 2021. For Casino years:
- For any shifts that are filled by recreational families, each shift will give a $50 credit towards the gymnast's upcoming session fees. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to volunteer for the Casino.
8. Refunds & Cancellations: Session Fees (Fall, Winter, Spring OR Monthly for online classes) must be paid in full. Cancellation prior to session start date will be given a refund of the session cost.
Cancellation prior to the third class will be given a refund for remaining classes in session.
No refund will be given after the start of the third class. No make up classes are allowed.
**All refunds that are approved and processed will be deducted a $5.00 administration fee.**
9. Termination: Written notice of termination must be received two (2) weeks prior to the beginning of the following session. No refund will be made for missed classes.
10. Participation will NOT be allowed without accepted registration form(s) and fees.
10. Additional In-Gym Class Terms:
10a. Carpets: Using carpets for recreational classes is a privilege. All families are expected to participate to help roll out and roll up carpets before and after classes.
10b. Absolutely No Parents, Friends or Family members are allowed in the gym during training time. There will be specially announced "Open Classes" where friends and family will be able to sit in during the class.
10c. Proper attire is MANDATORY for all training, shows and competitions and must be acquired and worn by the 2nd class in the session (Applies to in-gym classes only. For online classes, gymnasts must be)
11. Additional Online/Virtual Class Terms:
11a. Please ensure the workout space is clear and non-slip.
11b. Parent/Guardian supervision and presence is encouraged!
11c. Please understand that registered participants will only be eligible for General Liability Coverage. Any costs that would normally be covered under the Sports Accident policy will not be covered for remote training.
Competitive 2019-2020 Terms & Conditions
Full Terms & Conditions are available in the Competitive Handbook, provided at the Start of Season Meeting on September 7, 2019. Noncompliance with the terms and conditions by parents and/or gymnasts may lead to the gymnast's withdrawal from the program. The Start of Season meeting will follow the Welcome to the Team practice for ALL Competitive gymnasts on Saturday, Sept 7, 2019.
1. The competitive program runs for the entire year, from September to June, and it is a full year commitment. For payment, the full season is broken down into three sessions:
Fall Session: September - December
Winter Session: January - March
Spring Session: April - June
2. The session fees include the base training fees from September to June, group costumes for the Winter and Year End Shows, and Ballet instruction fees. They do not include the $60.00 Registration Fee for Interclub, or the $100 Registration Fee for Provincial Level. They also do not include individual gymnast registration for performing or competitive events, nor individual costs pertaining to suits, competitive outfits, training wear, team uniforms and apparatus. Fees are accepted by 1) cheque to "ERGC" OR 2) e-transfer to "email@example.com" OR 3) cash in labelled and sealed envelopes.
3. A $250 Non-Refundable Deposit is REQUIRED to confirm your spot with the competitive team. This deposit will be applied towards training fees for 2019-2020. Deposit is due by July 15, 2019.
Payment can be submitted through the website or by cheque to "ERGC"
4. The $60.00/$100.00 Registration fee per gymnast per season covers registration with Rhythmic Gymnastics Alberta and RG Canada. This fee is not refundable once classes have started in September 2019, but is refundable during the pre-registration period prior to class commencement.
5. Payment plan: Total payment in one cheque/e-transfer by Sept 1/19 OR three post-dated cheques/e-transfers dated Sept 1/19; Jan 1/20; April 1/20. Registration fee ($60/$100) must be included with Sept 1/19 payment. Payment by cheque to "ERGC" OR by e-transfer to "firstname.lastname@example.org". Registration Form (online), Waiver of Commitment (paper), PIPEDA Form (paper) are also due September 1, 2019.
6. Participation will NOT be allowed without accepted registration form and fees.
7. There is NO FUNDRAISING OBLIGATION in the Competitive Program, apart from supplying 2 shifts per gymnast for each bi-annual Casino. 2021-21 is a Casino year. The Casino will take place in Fall 2021. For Casino years:
- 2 casino shifts per competitive stream gymnast are required, 1 casino shift per performing stream gymnast
- $125 penalty deposit cheques per obligatory shift is to be collected at the beginning of the Casino year. If required shifts are not fulfilled by families, the penalty cheques will be deposited.
- For extra shifts that are filled by competitive or performing families, each shift will give a $75 credit towards the gymnasts' upcoming session fees.
8. All families are required to participate in volunteer activities (organizing and helping with shows and competitions). All gymnasts must help with carpet setup and roll up. If parents wish to speed up the process, they are welcome to assist the gymnasts. These are not under the coach's responsibilities.
9. If an athlete wishes to terminate their enrolment from a program, a minimum of two weeks’ written notice must be given before the beginning of the following session. No refund will be made for missed classes or for the current session.
10. Each new gymnast will be under a 6-week trial period at the start of their competitive season. After this period, the Head Coach and Senior Competitive Coach may reassign the gymnast to another program/class if they deem it necessary.
11. It is at the Head Coach's discretion to reschedule cancelled classes. The reality of cancelled classes has been incorporated into the session fees.
12. Absolutely No Parents, Friends or Family members are allowed in the gym during training time. There will be special announced "Open Classes" where friends and family will be able to sit in during the class.
13. Proper attire is MANDATORY for all training, shows and competitions. Proper attire and team uniforms is outlined in the Competitive Handbook. Gymnasts must be equipped with proper training attire by October 2019.